About Blooma Tree Experts: Rooted in Excellence for over 17 Years!
Welcome to Blooma Tree Experts, your trusted partner in tree care in the Greater Seattle area. With over 17 years of dedicated service, we have become an integral part of our vibrant community, serving over 6,000 homeowners and counting. Our commitment to excellence, sustainability, and professionalism sets us apart in the world of tree care.
A Local Legacy
We are proud to call the Greater Seattle Area our home and our community. Just like the trees we care for, our team has personally grown up and thrived in this beautiful region.
Choosing Blooma Tree Experts means your hard-earned dollars stay local, supporting our hardworking tree workers who also call this area home. We're not just dedicated to your trees; we're dedicated to the physical landscape and prosperity of the place we love.
Experienced and Certified Arborists
At Blooma Tree Experts, our foundation lies in the expertise of our team of ISA-Certified Arborists. These passionate professionals possess the knowledge and experience needed to comprehensively understand your trees' unique needs. Their dedication to ensuring your trees thrive, grow beautifully, and remain an asset to your property is unmatched. When you entrust your trees to us, you're choosing a team that is deeply committed to their well-being.
Local Roots, Local Results
As a locally-owned and operated business, we are deeply rooted in the Greater Seattle area. Our team sees trees in this specific climate day-in, day-out. We know the Pacific Northwest native plants like the back of our hands. We understand the unique challenges and beauty that our region offers - our team is out in the elements, rain or shine (and we all know it's a lot of rain), learning & understanding everything there is to know about Seattle area trees.
We're not just a business; we're your neighbors, and we care about the health and well-being of our shared environment.
Committed to Our Team and Community
At Blooma Tree Experts, we don't simply see ourselves as a tree service company; we are a dedicated team of arborists and tree workers passionate about our trade. We take immense pride in being exemplary small business employers, believing in the importance of providing a living wage and exceptional benefits to our hardworking team. We offer fully-paid medical insurance and a 401K match. We offer training programs and gear stipends to help our team level up.
Our team's motivation and happiness are at the core of our success, and it shines through in the quality of our work. When you choose Blooma Tree Experts, you're not only investing in tree care but in the prosperity of our community.
Our Safety Standards
We have weekly safety meetings with our team to make sure everyone is staying up to date on OSHA and DOSH requirements, as well as ANSI Z133 (tree industry-specific safety best practices).
We conduct regular vehicle and equipment inspections, as well as preventative maintenance. Safety is not a momentary choice, it's an ongoing process & mindset.
Importantly, our crew leaders will always have final say on if a job will happen or not. The “boss” or owner doesn't decide if a tree is safe. The crew leader who is actually climbing the tree decides that, as they're the ones taking the risks.
Our Mission: Your Tree's Health and Your Satisfaction
Our mission is straightforward yet profound: to ensure the health and vitality of your trees while guaranteeing your complete satisfaction. We recognize that trees are not merely fixtures on your property; they're cherished components of your life. They provide shade, enhance the landscape's beauty, and offer invaluable environmental benefits. That's why we approach every job with unwavering care, precision, and a profound respect for the trees we work with.
Our Services: Tailored to Your Needs
Whether your trees require expert pruning, safe removal, specialized healthcare, or meticulous hedge trimming, we offer a comprehensive range of services designed to meet your individual requirements. Our arborists collaborate closely with you to develop a customized plan that aligns with your goals and budget, guaranteeing the long-term health and magnificence of your trees.
These are long-term partnerships – we have clients we have worked with for over 10 years. We will also tell if you work doesn't need to be done, we have no interest in pushing services that are unnecessary. We know that our clients will come back to us when the time is right for their work or their budget.
Build a Partnership with Blooma Tree Experts
We are here to serve you, our esteemed community members, with utmost professionalism, integrity, and an unwavering commitment to excellence. When you choose Blooma Tree Experts, you're not merely choosing a tree care service; you're selecting a team that comprehends your trees' needs and the importance of nurturing a green and thriving Greater Seattle Area.
Thank you for considering Blooma Tree Experts for your tree care needs. We invite you to contact us today to schedule a complimentary consultation and discover firsthand the Blooma Tree Experts difference. Together, we'll cultivate our trees, our community, and our environment, ensuring a greener and brighter future for all.
If it's trees, we probably do it. But here's a full list of what we can do for you:
- Tree Pruning & Trimming:
- Safety management of large tree limbs overhanging your house
- Tip weight reductions to improve wind/storm resiliency - this is NOT windsailing, an out-of-date practice. Learn why at our blog.
- Crown Cleaning & Deadwood pruning to remove dead, dying, or broken branches
- Structural pruning – especially helpful with younger trees to establish clear lead stems, remove crossing branches, allow light to interior foliage, etc.
- Crown reduction
- Crown raising
- Property line clearance (within reason – we don't cut straight lines, we still follow natural pruning practices and make sure you and your neighbor are happy with the outcome)
- Fruit tree pruning for fruit cultivation, including espalier methods
- Tree Removal:
- Small tree removal & shrub removal
- Large tree removal (assuming it meets city code to remove the tree)
- Tight quarters tree removals - our team is highly-skilled at carefully rigging down branches one at a time or targeting our drops to avoid any property damage in even the tightest spots
- Crane tree removals - when needed, we can bring a crane in to support a tree removal process
- Emergency tree removal - our team can expertly pull a tree off a house or a car while limiting any further damage to your roof or property in general
- Tree Health Assessments & Tree Healthcare:
- Our ISA-Certified Arborists can assess your sick or struggling trees to try to figure out what's going on.
- We can provide Tree and Plant Healthcare services, which range from microinjections targeting specific pests all the way to holistic watering, deep root fertilization, and soil amendment plans to give your trees & shrubs the best odds to grow vigorously.
- Birch Tree Treatments are one of the most important services we provide in Seattle. These Birch Trees are under attack by the Bronze Birch Borer throughout the city. We provide both preventative care and post-infestation care using a combination of microinjection and targeted pruning.
- Hedge Trimming:
- Our team has worked on the tallest hedges in the gnarliest spots – we can manage to get them under control for you.
- The first visit always costs the most as we set a new line using chainsaws and cut back the hedge to the width you want.
- Subsequent annual visits to maintain the height and width of the hedge will generally cost less.
- Tree Cabling - more common with multi-stemmed trees, we can cable major stems together for additional support and then conduct annual inspection of the cables
- Stump Grinding - get rid of unsightly stumps and create a new spot that is perfect for a new tree. The grindings, which are left in-place, provide the perfect mulch to help a new tree thrive.
- Tree Planting - if you're ready for a new tree to go in, our arborists can help you understand the best tree for the location considering long-term height, watering needs, proximity to buildings, etc. We can then plant the tree for you and provide a Tree Healthcare plan to ensure the tree succeeds.
Martin Macauley Founder, ISA Certified Arborist #PN-5768-A
Josiah Macauley ISA Certified Arborist #PN-7246-A
Kaustubh "KD" Deo President
Allen Tate ISA Certified Arborist #PN-8264-A
Shyam Ananda ISA Certified Arborist #PN-8368-A
Steven Zipfel Crew Leader, ISA-Certified Arborist #PN-8587-A
Zane May Crew Leader, ISA-Certified Arborist #PN-9824-A
Randy David ISA-Certified Climbing Arborist #PN-9796-A
James Easterday Groundsman & Stump Grinding Specialist
Anthony "Eli" Pierce Apprentice Climber
Ricky Santana-Silverio Groundsman, Plant Healthcare Tech
Rycher McKnight Groundsman
Amber Kellum Scheduler
Judy Macauley Former Office Manager
Adam Conklin Groundsman
Neem & Aspen Office Cats
“Workers were excellent. Showed up when they said they would, good communicators, worked carefully and efficiently. Cleaned up fully.” - Joe D.
Do I get something if I refer you to a friend or family member?Yes! If our referral results in a job, we will send you a $25 gift card by email once the work is complete!
Do you take credit cards?Yes, though a 3% processing fee applies. Alternatively, you can pay by bank transfer through our online payment portal (no fee) or mail us a check to our PO Box: PO Box 31945 Seattle, WA 98103
When do I pay for the work?
You will get an invoice with 1-3 business days via email, which will include an online payment portal.
How do I know if you are licensed, bonded, and insured?It’s very easy to check any contractor’s credentials at this Washington State verification website. Just enter our contract license #: 608PAPT780B7 and you will see our license, bonding, insurance, and workers comp are all current.
What is the ISA?The International Society of Arboriculture, a global organization that sets standards & best industry practices, as well as administers testing to certify arborists.
What’s the difference between an “arborist” and a “certified arborist”?Anyone can call themselves an arborist, just as anyone can call themselves a real estate agent or an accountant. A certified arborist is someone who has met the requirements of the ISA: worked 3+ years in the field, passed the certification exam, and kept up with 30 CEUs every 3 years. This is similar to a Realtor or CPA.