Are you a homeowner in the greater Seattle area looking to save your birch tree? Look no further than Blooma Tree Experts! With years of experience and a team of skilled arborists, we are your go-to experts for all your birch tree needs.
We can complete birch tree microinjections to provide preventative care against the bronze birch borer – this birch tree service needs to be done on a 2-year cycle, and can be completed when the tree is in full leaf-out, which is roughly May through September.
If the birch tree already appears to be affected (you can see dieback in the upper canopy), we can still treat it with the microinjections, but we should also prune out the dead portions to limit the spread of the birch tree infestation. Read on below for more detailed information.
Birch Tree Predators: Bronze Birch Borer
If you notice the top of your birch tree is dead or dying, your tree is most likely infested with the dreaded Bronze Birch Borer.
The bronze birch borer will kill your birches if you don't act to stop it. We use a pesticide that is inserted into each tree, thus avoiding a spray or ground treatment that may bother pets or children. We will remove the deadwood, also, to help improve the tree's health.
If a birch is 30% dead, or more, it should be removed – we'll give you a straight answer to make sure you're not wasting money trying to save a tree that's too far gone. Our arborists can help you remove the tree if need be, but we'll do what we can to save it first if you want to keep it around.
Pruning and Trimming: Enhancing the Beauty of Your Birch Trees
Regular pruning and trimming are essential for maintaining the health and aesthetics of birch trees. Our team at Blooma Tree Experts specializes in providing expert pruning services tailored to the specific needs of birch trees.
Proper pruning helps remove dead or diseased branches, improves airflow, and enhances the tree's overall structure. Our arborists use industry-standard techniques to ensure that your birch trees receive the care they deserve, promoting healthy growth and reducing the risk of branch failure.
Diagnosis and Treatment: Combating Birch Tree Infestations
Birch trees are susceptible to various pests and diseases that can weaken or even kill them if left untreated. As part of our comprehensive birch tree services, Blooma Tree Experts offers expert diagnosis and treatment for common infestations that affect birch trees in Seattle. Our experienced arborists can identify the signs of infestation, such as yellowing leaves, defoliation, or the presence of pests like bronze birch borers or aphids.
How to Identify Birch Tree Infestations
Are you concerned that your birch tree might be infested? Here are some common signs to watch out for:
- Yellowing Leaves: If the leaves of your birch tree turn yellow prematurely or show signs of discoloration, it may indicate an infestation.
- Boring Holes: Inspect the trunk and branches for small holes, which can be a sign of the presence of bronze birch borers.
- Defoliation: Excessive leaf loss or defoliation can indicate an infestation, especially during the wrong season and in the upper canopy.
Preventative Measures for Birch Tree Infestations
Prevention is key when it comes to birch tree infestations. Here are a few measures you can take:
- Regular Inspections: Schedule regular inspections with a professional arborist to catch any signs of infestation early on.
- Preventative Microinjections: Schedule our team to complete microinjections of a pesticide that will target the Bronze Birch Borer. These treatments need to be done every 2 years while the tree is in full leaf-out.
- Maintain Tree Health: Keep your birch trees healthy through proper watering, mulching, and fertilization to increase their resistance to pests and diseases. Water & Fertilize! So, so important. And trust us, more water than you think you need.
- Pruning and Trimming: Regularly prune your birch trees to remove dead or diseased branches and promote overall tree health.
Free Birch Tree Treatment Estimate
At Blooma Tree Experts, we are committed to providing top-notch birch tree services and treatments in Seattle. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and give your birch trees the care they deserve.