Blooma Tree Experts' ISA-Certified Arborists are the team you want to trim your trees throughout the Seattle region.
As experts in tree care, we understand the importance of maintaining the health of your trees while balancing the aesthetics & safety needs of your outdoor space.
Trimming trees is an essential component of that work. Unlike tree pruning, which is primarily focused on the health & structural integrity of the tree, tree trimming is more aimed at shaping the tree to enhance your overall landscape's appearance and provide safety clearances.
What is Tree Trimming?
Tree trimming involves carefully cutting back overgrown or unwieldy branches from trees. This service is crucial for maintaining a tree's shape, ensuring optimal growth, and preventing potential hazards that can arise from overgrowth.
By removing excess branches, we can prevent damage to your property caused by falling limbs, reduce shade, and improve the view of your landscape.
What do our Tree Trimming Services include?
- Aesthetic Shaping: While there are limits to shaping trees within a natural pruning framework, we can enhance the natural beauty of trees to complement your landscape design.
- Safety Trimming: Removing dangerous branches that could fall and cause injury or damage to your property or family.
- Clearance Trimming: Trimming trees back from your roof, your home, the road, the driveway, the sidewalk, etc. We are an Registered Tree Service Provider with SDOT, which allows us to work on street trees as well.
Why choose us for Tree Trimming?
- ISA-Certified Arborists: Every job starts with a complimentary, on-site consultation with an ISA-Certified Arborist. They'll assist you in writing a scope of work that accomplishes your objectives without compromising the tree health.
- Customized Solutions: This is not a one-size-fits-all tree service. We will work with your budget & needs to ensure we are getting your most important objectives done.
- Safety First: Tree work is a dangerous trade, and Blooma has invested in a highly-experienced team and safety program to give you (and us) peace of mind that our team knows how to complete your work safely.
- Long-Term Partnership: We work with our clients for years. We don't push unnecessary work on you. Our philosophy is to provide high-quality advice & high-quality care. If we think tree work can be delayed a few years, or a tree doesn't need any work – we'll tell you and just trust you'll come back to us in a couple years once the work is needed.
How often should I have my trees trimmed?
This can vary based on the type of tree and location on your property. We have clients who need trimming annually due to the growth profile of the tree. And we have clients who only need trimming done every 5-10 years. Our arborist will help you understand the right cycle for your trees!
What is the best time of year to have my trees trimmed?
Given our climate in the Seattle region, we can generally trim trees year-round. That said, our arborists can target trimming to dormant or growing seasons depending on your objectives.
Who has to trim street trees in Seattle?
For most street trees (particularly in residential neighborhoods), the adjacent property owner is responsible for maintaining the street trees, which are the trees located in the planting strip in front of your home.
This means you have to hire an SDOT-approved Registered Tree Service Provider. Blooma Tree Experts is SDOT-approved under LIC-TSP-125.
How do street trees have to be trimmed?
While the list of specs is long, the key items to pay attention to are maintaining 8 feet of clearance over sidewalks, and 14 feet of clearance over roadways. Our team can handle this street tree trimming for you.